Monday, July 30, 2012

Team USA!


Today, of course was another amazing day in London. I attended two Olympic games of Men’s volley ball.. Argentina vs. Australia and Serbia vs. USA. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I’d attend the Olympics.  My experience today was more amazing than expected. The energy of the stadium was blasting. Seeing spectators cheer passionately and wave their countries flag was kind of emotional for me. I think it is so amazing to see people showing so much pride and respect for their country. Watching Team USA play and go on to win today’s game was something I will never forget. Every time they scored a point my heart fluttered and I became more invested in the game. I also never thought I’d be at the edge of my seat, so excited for any sports game but some how this game had a meaning for me.

The smiles on the player’s faces were priceless after each point they scored. The whole team also came together for a team hug sort of thing after each point they scored,  which I think is so cute. Even when the other team scored, they slapped each other’s hands in reassurance that they still had a chance and to not give up. 

The second set of the USA vs. Serbia game was the most exciting. USA was dominating Serbia and then mid game Serbia started catching up and started to beat USA. I was so worried that USA would end up losing. It was a very close call USA 19..Serbia 21. Within minutes USA got back on track and wound up on top!

 I saw true team spirit and true talent today. I was more than impressed by the whole event and can not wait for the gold  medal soccer game!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment