Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh What a Night

Everyone and anyone who knows me would tell you that I am the farthest thing from a sports fan. I could care less about the Super Bowl, World Series or any sports game for that matter. When I found out that I would be coming to London during the Olympics, it honestly didn't phase me. My friends and family were super excited and jealous that I would be experiencing one of the greatest events in history.

To be honest, I was more excited for the shopping, food and museums that I would be exposed to in London BUT when I got here everything changed. As soon as I stepped out of the airport advertisements for the Olympics were all over the place There was no escaping it. Living in Earl's Court is extra special because the Olympic Volley Ball stadium is right around the corner. The area is buzzing and it is very exciting to be here.

So much excitement and anticipation was leading up to the Opening Ceremony which took place last night. A bunch of us went to O'Neills to watch the ceremony. There was a big projector set up and locals flocked to watch at 8:12 PM sharp! I didn't think that I would be moved by the ceremony but boy was I wrong. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and really captured a sense of unity and respect between the countries.The performances were amazing, from the building up of London, to the music through the years and London film and literature, I have to say that I was stunned.
 It was so amazing to see athletes, royals and diplomats from around the world in one arena, together in harmony. Although affliction may be between them in other areas, that was all left behind last night. I found that to be incredible.

When team USA entered the stadium, I felt so proud to be an American. I was so proud of the team to have worked to hard to get to the Olympics. I also thought of my sister. She is an amazing soccer player and I hope that one day she will be on the Women's Olympic Soccer Team. After watching the Opening Ceremony I can now say that I am so excited for the Olympics, especially that I will be attending Men's Volleyball tomorrow and the Women's Soccer Gold Medal Game.


GO TEAM USA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment