Thursday, July 19, 2012

All around the world


Whenever I step into a new city I can’t help but compare that city to New York City. New York is so big, so loud, always moving, no matter the time or area. I associate cities with fast paced living, flashing lights and thousands of people moving quickly to get where they want to go. I know that I am describing New York, but I can’t help it..I’m so used to it!

When I first got to Boston my freshman year of college I felt as if I wasn’t even in a city. Compared to New York, Boston is much smaller, less busy and has less of the fast paced energy that New York embodies. It took me a while to get used to a calmer city but I find that it has helped me to relax in high stress situations. I complain about Boston all of the time but there is nowhere I’d rather be for college. Boston is a great city but Boston lacks many things that I love about NY.

Boston lacks the demand for fashion. In NY fashion is a way of life, overriding comfort in every which way. In my opinion, Boston residents are more inclined to dress for comfort due to the high colligate population..totally fine but not my style. Although I am a student in Boston, I continue to dress like my New York self. My fashion sense is the one thing that I will NOT change. 

On the other hand, London has proved to be the most similar city that I have visited to New York.  The fashion is amazing! I love London fashion !(one of my blog posts will be dedicated to this) London is a very busy city with a diverse population, much like New York. I feel that London is constantly moving, leaving me with so many options and areas to explore, also similar to New York.  I just can’t explain it but I feel at home here. In Boston, most places close so early but in London and New York I feel that I can experience the city even after the lights are out (even though New York never sleeps!) 
Call me crazy but I am all about the excitement that a city has to offer. New York and London have not let me down and I’m sure these places won’t disappoint anytime soon! 
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment