Friday, July 13, 2012

Earl's Court, London

The first time I was in London was seven years ago. I was thirteen years old on a student ambassador program which traveled to London, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. I was fascinated by all of these places and the culture that was embedded in them. London was the first place I visited and I was completely stunned by this charming city. I thought of London as a "funky" New York. I fell in love with London as a little thirteen year old girl and I knew without a doubt in my mind that I would be back.

I studied abroad in Greece for my first semester at Northeastern, continuing my thirst for travel. I find comfort in traveling and discovering new things so this trip was perfect for me. During my study abroad  we had the opportunity to take a ten day trip. Without a question I decided to go to London and Paris. I could not believe that I was going to be able to return to one of my favorite cities in the world! Returning to London was even better than I imagined. I was so young the first time that I visited London so I sort of forgot why I loved it so much but within 2 minutes of being there I remembered. I felt great that I was able to show my friends around the city and be back in the city where my travels began.

So here I am again back in London two years later. I can't believe that this is my third time in London within 7 years. I sort of think of London as my third home. First-New York Second-Boston Third-London. I'm also so excited that each time that I am in London I have a completely different experience and see things in a new perspective. So far this time in London has been the best and its only been 4 days. I feel the most comfortable this time around. I'm excited for the adventures that will come my way on this trip. Earl's Court will be my home for the next 5 weeks and I will love every minute of it. Who knows maybe I will live here permanently one day but for now I will enjoy this journey. From Buckingham Palace to making my documentary, I'm sure that this trip will NOT disappoint me!

No comments:

Post a Comment