Tuesday, July 17, 2012

And the beat goes on

Right now I am sitting in a pub, drinking some cider and writing my blog. This really is the life. I'm sure I have said this a million times already but I am having the time of my life and it is going by too too quickly. Like I said in my last post we had an early morning full of excursions today. We went to Stonehenge and Bath, both places which I've been to in my first visit to London when I was 13. I actually saw a Student Ambassador group in the Tube-probably on the same program I was on so many years ago. The kids looked so young but I guess I looked young at 13, even though I never thought so.

Both Stonehenge and Bath were both interesting but I out of the two I would have to say Bath was my favorite. To me, Bath had a more in depth culture with so much more to explore. My favorite part about going to a rather new place is getting lost. Getting lost is never a bad thing in a foreign place because you find hidden gems by accident. We found some pretty cool shops today on our "lost" adventure. I especially didn't mind wandering for so long because the weather was absolutely beautiful! It was such a treat after the rainy days that we have been having. Besides roaming around, I took so pretty awesome pictures and brushed up on my history about these places.

All in all I have to say it was a great day. My day just got even better! While sitting at a pub an English guy started to chat with Merrie and I and has now agreed to be a part of our documentary! How exciting!! That puts the cherry on top!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment