Monday, July 16, 2012

Oh what a day

Today began at 8:30 AM when I struggled to get out of bed. My room is so dark which makes it harder to get out of bed in the morning. We had a 9:45 production meeting this morning. We made progress from our last meeting which was very exciting! Our plan for the day was to go to the meeting and then continue to go out and film all day. We ambitiously made a shot list of: Buckingham Palace, Kensington Gardens, Tower of London,Westminster Abbey and Big Ben. With the best intentions, we went to CAPA to schedule an interview with Charlie from the front deskmand then would go out to film. This is where we ran into problems with the avid download on Hannah's computer. Our great plan of getting out to film at 10:30 was annoyingly pushed back to 1 pm. We sadly left Hannah with the computer and went out to film. Of course it was raining but we were determined to get everything we needed to done. We were back on track and we wound up having a very prouductive day. It was my first time filming today...EVER!!!I really enjoyed it. I felt so cool to be filming these amazing sights in London! I'm so lucky to have this experience. On the flip side, I never thought that my arm would hurt as much as it did from trying to keep the camera steady. I got better as the day went on. Who knows maybe by the end of the trip I'll be a pro! After Buckingham Palace we decided to split up to provide moral support for Hannah who was miserable at McDonald's. The download was still not working and she was so frustrated after trying to get this to work all day. I felt so bad for her! Her brain was probably grape slushy flavored at this point (code for extremely exhausted,overly frustrated and just about hating life status) Valentine and I met up with her as Michelle was trying to help her with the download. It was a huge FAIL so we decided to call it quits for the day. It is now 8:40 pm and I feels great to sit down and relax. I love how busy and productive today was but nothing beats putting your feet up after a long day! I think I'm going to hit the hay soon because we have a very long day of excursions ahead of us! So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment