Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Runaway baby


Running through the streets of London has helped me in many ways. Firstly, it is helping me to not  gain weight due to my excessive eating and drinking…okay mostly eating. I feel so good when I’m running and after I run. I wasn’t always in to running-its a rather new hobby actually. I started running for exercise probably around March and have kept up with it since then. My dad and I have been working out together and have been trying to build up our ability to run for longer lengths of time. On a good day I can run 1.5-2 miles straight. For me, that’s an accomplishment.
Running through London has some other advantages aside from health. If it isn’t obvious enough, I get to see and explore this beautifully charming city! I cant believe that each time I run I pass the Victoria and Albert Museum, Hyde Park, The National History Museum and many other places that captures London’s beauty.
Today, I expanded my run and accidently ran into Harrods…and Top shop- two of the many places which have influenced and inspired my “London style” When I came across these sanctuaries, I literally stopped mid stride to stare at the windows. I looked like a child in a candy shop..my mouth started to water…
The windows are so beautifully put together, capturing class and street style all at the same time. I think that’s why I love London fashion. This style enables you to collage completely different looks..perfect for indecisive me. I love the edge that the London look encompasses. The look permits more creativity and enables a person to truly wear their heart on their sleeves. To me, London fashion is the most honest and true.
Other than discovering fascinating sights and fashion, I usually think a lot when I run. I think about how lucky I am to be here and experiencing London. I think about my parents and how grateful I am to have them and how grateful I am for them to have given me this experience. I think about how much I miss my family and friends but also how happy and supportive they are of my travels. I think about the amazing people that I have met through my travels and how they have impacted my life. Lastly, I think about how much I have changed through my travels and over the course these 4 weeks.

Cheers to new adventures and forever exploring!!



No comments:

Post a Comment