Wednesday, August 8, 2012

London, I love you

As the trip is coming to a close I figured I should make the most out of these remaining days and nights in my beautiful city. I am going to miss the cool and bipolar weather, the charm of the monuments as I walk down the street and the delicious tea and scones readily available to my taste buds. I love myself here but for now I know this fantasy is temporary but hope to some day make it into a reality. 

The other night the girls and I had a once and a life time experience and rode the London Eye at night. I have ridden the London eye twice before during the day but this was a new experience. I couldn't decide wether i liked London more by day or by night, but this trip on the London Eye further confirmed my choice. London at night is not only charming but it is magical. The lights, the noise, London is so alive at night and I could see it all happening from our little capsule up in the sky. It was amazing to see the Olympic Arenas lit up and fans cheering in the stands. The projections of the British flag and Olympians on Parliament were also quite charming touches to my ride. 

While up in the sky, I tried to soak in London all at once but its impossible. It is bigger than me and at this point with all of the food I am eating, that is VERY hard to believe. Anyway, London is not only a great memory but it is now a home to me and it really will hold a special place in my heart. The London Eye experience was over quicker than expected, but it was worth every penny..or pence I should say. 

Later, we found out that USA's Women's soccer team will be playing in the finals! We all never screamed so loud. I am so excited for tomorrows game! GO TEAM USA! Just thinking about the excitement and the feeling that we will all experience if they win gives me butterflies! 

Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment